Tuesday 22 July 2008

Rain, Rain and Raindeer!

So directly after my last post it started to rain! And I'm pretty sure its not stopped since!
Had a somewhat trechous night in my £10 tent,water pouring in from everywhere! So i took the leap and ran with my stuff to the campsites service center. Luckily they had a airing cupboard and drying facilities so i shoved my stuff in there and sat down to watch the highlights of the grand prix!
Eventully the rain ceased and i headed back to mop up th mess in my tent.
Morrinig came and i caught my train upto the artic circle and the home of eurovision gods Lordi! oh and some guy called santa claus??
Checked into the HI Hostel "rudolf" and walked about the town in the drizzle. Had an early night, which was strange due to the midnight sun and constant daylight!
Today i headed to the village of Napapiiri where according to Finish folk ledgend is the home of santa claus! I met the man him self and had a strange coversation about Shefki Kuqi and Aki Riihilahti, clearly Santa knows everything!!
Not really sure what to do now theres not alot to do when the weather like this and try as i might to pretend the rain is snow it just isn't the same!
Back Helsinki tomorrow night :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.