Monday 7 July 2008

8 Days of sun, øl (beer) and rock and roll - the aftermarth


Heya, right well i'm now in Lyngby, which is north of Copenhagen, staying with my great aunt.
Last night was pretty sweet, Jay-Z was pretty impressive despite my reservations and the first drop of rain in over a week! Things took a bit of a turn for the worse at night tho. I'd been warned of riots and thief out and about on the sunday night, but having been to festivals before i wasn't worried. I was wrong, i woke up admist a war zone of sorts! The tent next to mine had been vacated and was left in shreads, I awoke to the sound of the turning of a lighter as some guy tried to set it on fire. Luckily i startled him and off he ran. Next up was a a guy who unzipped my tent had a poke about until i shouted and he scarpered off. The final straw was the two guys who despite realising i was in the tent decided to slash it anyway! On later evaulation nothing that a few bits of gaffa tape couldn't fix, but needless to say i didn't get much sleep that night. The sight in the morrning was like the aftermarth of a battle field with remnants of what had been tents and gazebos scatterd as far as the eye could see! Maybe next year i'l heed the advice.
After navigating my way to Lungby and not being able to ring my great aunt for some reason i managed to find my way to her home. I'm staying in a small caravan in the front garden. It's awesome, hooked up with water and electricity.
Had a short walk around Lyngby earlier its a pretty quaint little town with a mixture of old and new architecture.
Any who i'm kind of waffling on so catch ya



No comments: